You pick the issues you want! Original issues of The Hockey News (THN) Magazines/newsprint from 1998.
Ideal for use as:
- Décor in your sports memorabilia room.
- reading material covering historic hockey events.
- a unique but affordable gift idea for the hockey fan in your life.
- additions to an existing collection.
While overall in great shape, most have some minor wear attributed to age and use. Issues may (or may not) include: Fading, wear to edges & corners/covers, some creases, dog-eared corners, mailing labels, etc. Overall they are in very good condition and are free of significant rips, tears, cut-outs and writing. Each issue is stored and shipped inside a protective sleeve. We have tried to note when an issue has significant damage in some way. Please review the photos and send a message if you have any questions.
SHIPPING FREE to US and CANADA! NOTE: ALL ISSUES WILL BE SHIPPED FOLDED. If you prefer yours to be shipped flat, then please message us prior to purchase as there will be additional shipping fees.
Don't forget to look through our other listings. You can also use the search function in our shop to find listings related to the person or topic you are interested in. Note: issues of Collectors World are sold separately.
This listing contains the following issues:
- Vol. 51 No. 21, February 6, Eric ‘The Ready’. Eric Lindros on the cover. Women’s Olympic Preview special. NHL considering four-period concept.
- Vol. 51 No. 22, February 13, Canada’s Honor Guard: Canadian Olympians set out to restore national pride. Patrick Roy on the cover. 88-page Olympic special.
- Vol. 51 No. 23, February 20, The Fury of Fleury: Theoren Fleury plays heart out for Canada. Theoren Fleury on the cover. Nagano Olympics. The NHL’s new math: Selanne on pace to score 94 goals!
- Vol. 51 No. 26, March 13, The Legend Grows: All-World goalie Dominik Hasek. Dominik Hasek on the cover.
- Vol. 51 No. 27, March 20, Taking a Flyer. John LeClair, Sean Burke and Eric Lindros on the cover. Senators’ Yashin one in a million.
- Vol. 51 No. 28, March 27, Free for all: class of 1998 best-yet group of UFAs. Doug Gilmour on the cover. Future watch special issue 15th annual NHL prospect report card.
- Vol. 51 No. 29, April 3, Who’s better? Teemu Selanne or Jaromir Jagr? THN’s Annual memorabilia special.
- Vol. 51 No. 30, April 10, The Why Guys. Jeremy Roenick, Ed Jovanovski and Radek Bonk on the cover. Eagleson resigns from Hall of Fame.
- Vol. 51 No. 31, April 17, The Sophomore Jinx 1996-97 rookie class suffers second year blues. Bryan Berard on the cover.