You pick the issues you want! Original issues of The Hockey News (THN) Magazines/newsprint from 1997-98.
Ideal for use as:
- Décor in your sports memorabilia room.
- reading material covering historic hockey events.
- a unique but affordable gift idea for the hockey fan in your life.
- additions to an existing collection.
While overall in great shape, most have some minor wear attributed to age and use. Issues may (or may not) include: Fading, wear to edges & corners/covers, some creases, dog-eared corners, mailing labels, etc. Overall they are in very good condition and are free of significant rips, tears, cut-outs and writing. Each issue is stored and shipped inside a protective sleeve. We have tried to note when an issue has significant damage in some way. Please review the photos and send a message if you have any questions.
SHIPPING FREE to US and CANADA! NOTE: ALL ISSUES WILL BE SHIPPED FOLDED. If you prefer yours to be shipped flat, then please message us prior to purchase as there will be additional shipping fees.
Don't forget to look through our other listings. You can also use the search function in our shop to find listings related to the person or topic you are interested in. Note: issues of Collectors World are sold separately.
This listing contains the following issues:
- Vol. 51 No. 11, November 21, Standing on Guard for Thee. Eric Lindros on the cover. Powerful Americans team to beat at 1998 Olympics.
- Vol. 51 No. 12, November 28, Racism in Hockey. Mike Grier on the cover. The look of things to come in the NHL.
- Vol. 51 No. 13, December 5, The Sitting Duck. Anaheim Mighty Ducks Paul Kariya on the cover. Top-Rated NHL prospect potential franchise player.
- Vol. 51 No. 14, December 12, The Dream Teams how Canada’s Olympic team stacks up against the U.S. Artificial leg no obstacle for Harvard Goaltender.
- Vol. 51 No. 15, December 19, Captain Comback. New York Rangers Pat LaFontaine on the cover. All-Snub Team: THN’s all-world squad would be golden threat.
- Vol. 51 No. 16, December 26, Saint Nick. Detroit Red Wings Nicklas Lidstrom on the cover, the NHL’s most gifted defenseman.
- Vol. 51 No. 17, January 2, Farewell 1997: The good people, the bad times, the ugly truth. 1997’s top 50 stories & 10 most intriguing personalities.
- Vol. 51 No. 18, January 18, Puck Picks. Dallas Stars Eddie Belfour on the cover. Theme Issue: Mid season reports on NHL’s 26 teams.
- Vol. 51 No. 20, January 30, Working Class Hero. Chicago goalie Jeff Hackett on the cover. 20th guide to hockey schools and products.