You pick the issues you want! Original issues of The Hockey News (THN) Magazines/newsprint from 1996.
Ideal for use as:
- Décor in your sports memorabilia room.
- reading material covering historic hockey events.
- a unique but affordable gift idea for the hockey fan in your life.
- additions to an existing collection.
While overall in great shape, most have some minor wear attributed to age and use. Issues may (or may not) include: Fading, wear to edges & corners/covers, some creases, dog-eared corners, mailing labels, etc. Overall they are in very good condition and are free of significant rips, tears, cut-outs and writing. Each issue is stored and shipped inside a protective sleeve. We have tried to note when an issue has significant damage in some way. Please review the photos and send a message if you have any questions.
SHIPPING FREE to US and CANADA! NOTE: ALL ISSUES WILL BE SHIPPED FOLDED. If you prefer yours to be shipped flat, then please message us prior to purchase as there will be additional shipping fees.
Don't forget to look through our other listings. You can also use the search function in our shop to find listings related to the person or topic you are interested in. Note: issues of Collectors World are sold separately.
This listing contains the following issues:
- Vol. 49 No. 34, May 10, Will Hawks Halt Streak? Chicago last won the Stanley Cup 35 years ago. Ed Belfour on the cover.
- Vol. 49 No. 35, May 17, Johnny on the Spot. John LeClair on the cover. Brett Lindros forced to retire. THN survey The NHL’s Good, Bad & Ugly.
- Vol. 49 No. 36, May, A ‘3-D’ Event. Florida Panthers’ Ed Jovanovski on the cover. 1996 Draft Preview.
- Vol. 49 No. 40, August, The Stats Pack: All stats plus Championship team photos. 50-Goal Man Anaheim Mighty Ducks’ Paul Kariya on the cover.
- Vol. 49 No. 41, September, Class of the Field Canada favored to win World Cup of Hockey. Eric Lindros on the cover. World Cup Special. Wayne Gretzky No. 99 takes Manhattan.
- Vol. 50 No. 1, September 13, He’s Going, Going… Brendan Shanahan gone from Hartford for the right price. Brendan Shanahan on the cover. Note: there in a pen line in the middle of the upper page near Shanahan’s head.
- Vol. 50 No. 2, September 20, Why the Defense Rests by Bob McKenzie. Team Canada’s Paul Coffey on the cover. The Big Hurt: Injury forces Bruins’ Neely to end stellar NHL career.
- Vol. 50 No. 4, October, The Enigma of Sergei Federov. Sergei Federov on the cover. Special 88 pages Season Preview.
- Vol. 50 No. 5, October 11, 2001: An Ice Odyssey Where the NHL will be in the new Millennium. Phoenix Coyotes Keith Tkachuk on the cover. Is Gretzky greatest ever? 8-page Minor pro preview.