You pick the issues you want! Original issues of The Hockey News (THN) Magazines/newsprint from 1988.
Ideal for use as:
- Décor in your sports memorabilia room.
- reading material covering historic hockey events.
- a unique but affordable gift idea for the hockey fan in your life.
- additions to an existing collection.
While overall in great shape, most have some minor wear attributed to age and use. Issues may (or may not) include: Fading, wear to edges & corners/covers, some creases, dog-eared corners, mailing labels, etc. Overall they are in very good condition and are free of significant rips, tears, cut-outs and writing. Each issue is stored and shipped inside a protective sleeve. We have tried to note when an issue has significant damage in some way. Please review the photos and send a message if you have any questions.
SHIPPING FREE to US and CANADA! NOTE: ALL ISSUES WILL BE SHIPPED FOLDED. If you prefer yours to be shipped flat, then please message us prior to purchase as there will be additional shipping fees.
Don't forget to look through our other listings. You can also use the search function in our shop to find listings related to the person or topic you are interested in.
This listing contains the following issues:
- Vol. 41 No. 26, March 25, 1988 – The Hall Of Fame A Crowded House. All American father and son – page 12
- Vol. 41 No. 27, April 1, 1988 – How To Win Your Hockey Pool. Dale Hawerchuk on the cover. A rookie ritual – 19
- Vol. 41 No. 28, April 8, 1988 – L.A. Kings: Los Anonymous. Luc Robitaille and Jimmy Carson on the cover. Hawerchuk scapegoat – page 7
- Vol. 41 No. 29, April 15, 1988 – The New King. Mario Lemieux on the cover. Lakers win NCAA Title – page 31. Trust us, pick the Flames – page 12
- Vol. 41 No. 30, April 22, 1988 – Comeback Players Of The Year. Tom Barrasso, Gord Kluzak and Hakan Loob on the cover.
- Vol. 41 No. 31, April 29, 1988 – A Call To Arms! Referee Van Hellemond on the cover. The Devils have arrived – page 5
- Vol. 41 No. 32, May 6, 1988 – A Case For The Defense. Ray Bourque on the cover. Dionne unclear on future – page 14
- Vol. 41 No. 33, May 13, 1988 – The Petr Principle. Petr Klima on the cover and Cam Neely upper left. Bruins end 45-year jinx – page 13
- Vol. 41 No. 34, May 20, 1988 – What A Mess! Referees revolt after New Jersey takes legal action. Devils’ Coach Jim Schoenfel on the cover. Officials sick of abuse – page 8