You pick the issues you want! Original issues of The Hockey News (THN) Magazines/newsprint from 1988-89.
Ideal for use as:
- Décor in your sports memorabilia room.
- reading material covering historic hockey events.
- a unique but affordable gift idea for the hockey fan in your life.
- additions to an existing collection.
While overall in great shape, most have some minor wear attributed to age and use. Issues may (or may not) include: Fading, wear to edges & corners/covers, some creases, dog-eared corners, mailing labels, etc. Overall they are in very good condition and are free of significant rips, tears, cut-outs and writing. Each issue is stored and shipped inside a protective sleeve. We have tried to note when an issue has significant damage in some way. Please review the photos and send a message if you have any questions.
SHIPPING FREE to US and CANADA! NOTE: ALL ISSUES WILL BE SHIPPED FOLDED. If you prefer yours to be shipped flat, then please message us prior to purchase as there will be additional shipping fees.
Don't forget to look through our other listings. You can also use the search function in our shop to find listings related to the person or topic you are interested in.
This listing contains the following issues:
- Vol. 42 No. 10, November 25, 1988 – The Pros & Cons Of Robbie Ftorek. Robbie Ftorek, Tom Barrasso and Mike Gartner on the cover. Why North Stars are losers off the ice, too – page 8
- Vol. 42 No. 13, December 9, 1988 – NHL Quarterly Report. Doug Gilmour, Bernie Nicholls on the cover. Lemieux vs. Gretzky, The Lafleur watch, The rookie race, Penalty parade, winners, losers and more – page 7
- Vol. 42 No. 14, December 16, 1988 – Who Is Fredrik Olausson … and Why’s Everyone Saying Nice Things About Him? Fredrik Olausson, Wayne Gretzky, Mike Bullard, Kevin Lowe and Brian O’Neill on the cover. Profiles: Denis Savard, Grant Fuhr, Petr Klima. NOTE: There is some damage on the lower left edge.
- Vol. 42 No. 15, December 23, 1988 – Going For Gold Canada Defends Worlds Jr. Title – Page 18. Dale Hawerchuk speaks out – page 8
- Vol. 42 No. 17, January 13, 1989 – Red Army Uprising. Viacheslav Fetisov assails coach Viktor Tikhonov. Viacheslav Fetisov on the cover. Rating the NHL’s best fighters – page 17. Hockey’s most anonymous 100-point man – page 21
- Vol. 42 No. 18, January 20, 1989 – Hex Is Over For Ron Hextall. Ron Hextall on the cover. The Top 10 junior players in the world – page 7
- Vol. 42 No. 19, January 27, 1989 – A Tale Of Two Cities. Bryan Trottier and Brian Leetch on the cover. Inside: Joe Nieuwendyk, Bryan Trottier, Pat Verbeek
- Vol. 42 No. 20, February 3, 1989 – Law Of Averages The NHL’s Most Average Players. Dean Kennedy, Brian Hayward and Scott Arniel on the cover. NHL central scouting draft list – page 9. SPECIAL REPORT: Hockey in the Soviet Union – page 10.
- Vol. 42 No. 21, February 10, 1989 – Who’s Better? Sizing Up The Flames & Habs. Gretzky tops Howe as NHL’s All-Time scorer – page 6