You pick the issues you want! Original issues of The Hockey News (THN) Magazines/newsprint from 1986-88.
Ideal for use as:
- Décor in your sports memorabilia room.
- reading material covering historic hockey events.
- a unique but affordable gift idea for the hockey fan in your life.
- additions to an existing collection.
While overall in great shape, most have some minor wear attributed to age and use. Issues may (or may not) include: Fading, wear to edges & corners/covers, some creases, dog-eared corners, mailing labels, etc. Overall they are in very good condition and are free of significant rips, tears, cut-outs and writing. Each issue is stored and shipped inside a protective sleeve. We have tried to note when an issue has significant damage in some way. Please review the photos and send a message if you have any questions.
SHIPPING FREE to US and CANADA! NOTE: ALL ISSUES WILL BE SHIPPED FOLDED. If you prefer yours to be shipped flat, then please message us prior to purchase as there will be additional shipping fees.
Don't forget to look through our other listings. You can also use the search function in our shop to find listings related to the person or topic you are interested in.
This listing contains the following issues:
- Vol. 40 No. 14, December 26, 1986 – TIGER: His Reign Of Terror. Tiger Williams and victims John Tonelli, Greg Gilbert, Stan Smyl and Lanny McDonald on the cover. Wendel Clark playing a controlled game – page 10. NOTE: there are ink scribbles in the margin.
- Vol. 41 No. 18, January 29, 1988 – Troubled Tradition The Vancouver Story. Stan Smyl on the cover. Gretzky great off ice too – page 5.
- Vol. 41 No. 19, February 5, 1988 – The Impact Of Imports Europeans Making Mark. Christian Ruutu on the cover. Maple Leaf GM Under Fire – page 10
- Vol. 41 No. 20, February 12, 1988 – Standing Guard For Canada The Olympic Team. Sean Burke on the cover. A no goal January – page 11
- Vol. 41 No. 21, February 19, 1988 – The Sad-Sack Maple Leafs. Ashamed Toronto fan on the cover. Toronto fires GM
- Vol. 41 No. 22, February 26, 1988 – The King Of Canada. Dave King on the cover. Lemieux saves the Wales – page 7
- Vol. 41 No. 23, March 4, 1988 – Travellin’ Man The Most-Traded NHLer. Brent Ashton on the cover. Soviets NHL-bound? – page 16, 46. Vlacheslav Fetisov upper right corner of cover.
- Vol. 41 No. 24, March 11, 1988 – Good As Gold! High Flying Soviets No. 1 At The Olympics. Olympic hockey on the cover. ‘Rocket’ Rick Tocchet – page 17
- Vol. 41 No. 25, March 18, 1988 – James Patrick A Portrait. James Patrick on the cover. Wings stripped of Yzerman – page 40. Gretzky’s Historic Assist – page 23