You pick the issues you want! Original issues of The Hockey News (THN) Magazines/newsprint from 1984.
Ideal for use as:
- Décor in your sports memorabilia room.
- reading material covering historic hockey events.
- a unique but affordable gift idea for the hockey fan in your life.
- additions to an existing collection.
While overall in great shape, most have some minor wear attributed to age and use. Issues may (or may not) include: Fading, wear to edges & corners/covers, some creases, dog-eared corners, mailing labels, etc. Overall they are in very good condition and are free of significant rips, tears, cut-outs and writing. Each issue is stored and shipped inside a protective sleeve. We have tried to note when an issue has significant damage in some way. Please review the photos and send a message if you have any questions.
SHIPPING FREE to US and CANADA! Don't forget to look through our other listings. You can also use the search function in our shop to find listings related to the person or topic you are interested in.
This listing contains the following issues:
- Vol. 38 No. 1, September 28, 1984 – Habs Count On Penny. Steve Penny on the cover. ’84 NHL Rookie crop one of the best yet – page 4
- Vol. 38 No. 3, October 12, 1984 – FAME Three Legends Enter The Hallowed Hall. Phil Esposito, Jaques Lemaire, and Bernie Parent on the cover.
- Vol. 38 No. 4, October 19, 1984 – Detroit’s Other Tiger. Red Wings Dave Williams on the cover. Hockey’s talking heads: Why they must be wimps – Page 12
- Vol. 38 No. 5, October 26, 1984 – Bad News Bruins. Rick Middleton on the cover. The Darryl Sittler saga – pages 11.12
- Vol. 38 No. 6, November 2, 1984 – Mario Lemieux A Week In The Life Of The ‘Franchise’. Mario Lemieux on the cover. Full color photo essay.
- Vol. 38 No. 7, November 9, 1984 – The Leafs’ Last Line Of Defense. Allan Bester and Ken Wregget on the cover. Pity the poor goalies of today – page 6
- Vol. 38 No. 8, November 16, 1984 – NHL Ticket Price Survey: Is Your Team Giving You Good Value?
- Vol. 38 No. 9, November 23, 1984 – The Hardest Shot In Hockey. Al Macinnis on the cover. Canucks waive goodbye to King Richard – page 20
- Vol. 38 No. 10, November 30, 1984 – An All-Canadian Boy In The Big Apple. New York Rangers James Patrick on the cover. Holy hockey hypnotist! Is this for real? – page 32