You pick the issues you want! Original issues of The Hockey News (THN) Magazines/newsprint from 1983.
Ideal for use as:
- Décor in your sports memorabilia room.
- reading material covering historic hockey events.
- a unique but affordable gift idea for the hockey fan in your life.
- additions to an existing collection.
While overall in great shape, most have some minor wear attributed to age and use. Issues may (or may not) include: Fading, wear to edges & corners/covers, some creases, dog-eared corners, mailing labels, etc. Overall they are in very good condition and are free of significant rips, tears, cut-outs and writing. Each issue is stored and shipped inside a protective sleeve. We have tried to note when an issue has significant damage in some way. Please review the photos and send a message if you have any questions.
SHIPPING FREE to US and CANADA! Don't forget to look through our other listings. You can also use the search function in our shop to find listings related to the person or topic you are interested in.
This listing contains the following issues:
- Vol. 36 No. 27, April 15, 1983 – The March To The Cup. Caps’ Rod Langway and Isles’ Bryan Trottier on the cover. Stanley Cup playoff preview; Final NHL Statistics.
- Vol. 36 No. 28, April 22, 1983 – Smurfs On Broadway A Smash Hit! Rangers’ Anders Hedberg on the cover. Complete playoff reports.
- Vol. 36 No. 29, April 29, 1983 – Rave Rookies. Sabres’ Phil Housley and Hawks’ Steve Larmer on the cover.
- Vol. 36 No. 31, May 13, 1983 – Mike O’Connell Doing The Job For The Boston Bruins. Mike O’Connell on the cover. Habs pick Serge Savard to guide club’s fortunes.
- Vol. 36 No. 32, May 20, 1983 – Bound For Glory? Edmonton Oilers’ Mark Messier on the cover. Francis looks for the holy grail in Hartford.
- Vol. 37 No. 3, October 14, 1983 – Ron Sutter Making The Grade In Philadelphia. Ron Sutter on the cover. NHL Rosters predictions, new faces – pages 9, 31
- Vol. 37 No. 4, October 21, 1983 – Super Sophmore. Chicago’s Steve Larmer on the cover. Why the NHL waiver draft is a farce – page 8
- Vol. 37 No. 8, November 18, 1983 – Is Bernie Nichols: A) A good old boy? B) A west coast hot shot? C) A Star Hockey player? D) A Flamboyant show-off? E) All of the above? The Genesis of Caps’ Mike Gartner.
- Vol. 37 No. 9, November 25, 1983 – O Canada, Any Chance Of Getting An Olympic Medal In 1984? Team Canada’s Pat Flatley on the cover. The 1980 Olympians: Where are they now? – page 20