You pick the issues you want! Original issues of The Hockey News (THN) Magazines/newsprint from 1968.
Ideal for use as:
- Décor in your sports memorabilia room.
- reading material covering historic hockey events.
- a unique but affordable gift idea for the hockey fan in your life.
- additions to an existing collection.
While overall in great shape, most have some minor wear attributed to age and use. Issues may (or may not) include: Fading, wear to edges & corners/covers, some creases, dog-eared corners, mailing labels, etc. Overall they are in very good condition and are free of significant rips, tears, cut-outs and writing. Each issue is stored and shipped inside a protective sleeve. We have tried to note when an issue has significant damage in some way. Please review the photos and send a message if you have any questions.
SHIPPING FREE to US and CANADA!
Don't forget to look through our other listings. You can also use the search function in our shop to find listings related to the person or topic you are interested in.
This listing contains the following issues:
- Vol. 21. No 26, March 30, 1968 - Canadiens Eye Own Win Record After 19th NHL First-Place Finish. Yvan Cournoyer and Bobby Rousseau on the cover.
- Vol. 21. No 27, April 6, 1968 - Expansion Teams Await Playoff Hour. Vesina Trophy winner Lorne Worsley on the cover.
- Vol. 21. No 28, April 13, 1968 - Mobile Defense Booms Rangers Hopes. Ed Giacomin on the cover. Also, cover article - Assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Vol. 21. No 29, April 20, 1968 - Revived Hawks Aim For Eastern Final. Denis Dejordy and Larry Jeffrey on the cover.
- Vol. 21. No 30, April (Month missing on cover, 27, 1968 - Hockey News Player of The Year Awards To Beliveau In East, Connelly In West. Scotty Bowman, Jean Beliveau, Wayne Connelly and Jack Cooke on the cover.
- Vol. 21. No 31, May 4, 1968 - Philly Ready To Trade For Scorers, Will Offer Favell Or Parent As Bait. Doug Favell and Bernie Parent on the cover.
- Vol. 22. No 2, October 19, 1968 - NHL Breathes Sigh Of Relief As Hull Quits 'Retirement'. Bobby Hull, George Armstrong and Terry Sawchuk on the cover.
- Vol. 22. No 3, October 26, 1968 - Super Hawks Blast Off In Exciting NHL Start. Gordie Howe on the cover as he approaches 700th NHL goal. Tear in the right margin mid page and a stain on the top and bottom right corners.
- Vol. 22. No 4, November 2, 1968 - Old Teams Dominating NHL's East-West Play. Roger Crozier, Jacques Plante, and Ron Harris on the cover.