You pick the issues you want! Original issues of The Hockey News (THN) Magazines/newsprint from 1961.
Ideal for use as:
- Décor in your sports memorabilia room.
- reading material covering historic hockey events.
- a unique but affordable gift idea for the hockey fan in your life.
- additions to an existing collection.
While overall in great shape, most have some minor wear attributed to age and use. Issues may (or may not) include: Fading, wear to edges & corners/covers, some creases, dog-eared corners, mailing labels, etc. Overall they are in very good condition and are free of significant rips, tears, cut-outs and writing. Each issue is stored and shipped inside a protective sleeve. We have tried to note when an issue has significant damage in some way. Please review the photos and send a message if you have any questions.
SHIPPING FREE to US and CANADA!
Don't forget to look through our other listings. You can also use the search function in our shop to find listings related to the person or topic you are interested in.
This listing contains the following issues:
- Vol. 14. No 25, March 18, 1961 - Boomer On Way To NHL History. Illustration of Johnny Bower on the cover.
- Vol. 14. No 27, April 1, 1961 - Boom, Punch, Ivan Men-Of-The-Year. Tommy Ivan, Boom Boom Geoffrion, and Punch Imlach on the cover.
- Vol. 14. No 29, April 15, 1961 - Habs Never Fazzed Hawks At Any Time. Glen Hall article on the cover and an illustration of Detroit Red Wings as Buzzards. Tear in top margin.
- Vol. 14. No 31, May, 1961 - Cup Wil Long Time Coming For Hawks. Bobby Hull and Jack Evans with the Stanley Cup on the cover. Small 2" x 1.5" clipping out of the lower right corner of the cover.
- Vol. 14. No 34, August, 1961 - NHL Teams Will Invade West. Article and image of Gordie Howe on the cover. Tear in the bottom margin, a crease and some discoloration from age.
- Vol. 15. No 4, October 28, 1961 - Bruins Will Stick With Rooks. A rookie at hockey's wailing wall illustration.
- Vol. 15. No 5, November 4, 1961 - Chicago Brass Stung By Early May. Illustration of Glen Hall on the cover.
- Vol. 15. No 6, November 11, 1961 - 'Hey, Look Us Over,'AHL Tells Bruins. Illustration of Doug Harvey on the cover.
- Vol. 15. No 8, November 25, 1961 - Smythe Jr. To Take Over From Senior. Johnny Bower illustration on the cover.